NerdGasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for the fans by the fans. Where we give you everything you need to.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help me decide

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Help me decide   Help me decide EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:16 am

I want to try to get a Paolo Rivera watercolor while I'm at WWP. I can't decide on what character I want since I've kind of drifted away from Marvel. Should I just stick with the old tried and true Spider-Man or can someone come up with a good suggestion for a head sketch?

P.S. Yes I know Josh, I should get the Punisher. HAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:21 am

Punisher, all the way baby!!!

it is $60 to let you know. here is his website if you want it more detailed than just a head sketch. http://www.paolorivera.com/
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:29 am

Intelligent Moron wrote:
Punisher, all the way baby!!!

it is $60 to let you know. here is his website if you want it more detailed than just a head sketch. http://www.paolorivera.com/

Yeah it's a bit steep, but I just love the look of it. So I'll treat myself. My dream would be to walk out of the convention with a Rivera, a Maguire Guy Gardener, a Simonson Thor, and a Dillon whatever the hell he wants to draw me. I don't even know if Simonson does convention sketches, but he's an old school hero of mine for his work on Thor.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:41 am

I am going to try and see how much Simonson is for a Punisher. Love getting older artists Punisher they have that Romita Sr. feel to them. Maguire is on my list and Dillon I already own... Just be first or so in line for Dillon at Hero and you will get a great piece for 50, I heard a rumor it went up to 100 though. But we will see. I may be getting a Paolo I know I have a book for him to sign... when he did Frank in ASM 577
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide EmptyThu May 28, 2009 12:46 am

I like how dark his work looks. Every think about getting a villain? Doom? Joker? His reds look good so Spiderman would work well..so would Deadpool and Daredevil.
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide EmptyThu May 28, 2009 8:42 am

I talked to Simonson on Facebook and he does not do sketches anymore because they were appearing on Facebook. He did say that he would do a headsketch for free though
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:01 am

spideybono wrote:
I talked to Simonson on Facebook and he does not do sketches anymore because they were appearing on Facebook. He did say that he would do a headsketch for free though

Thanks for the info. A Thor headsketch from Simonson would still be a great thing to have. I'm kind of pissed at myself for not getting into this sooner. I've been going to cons for years and have nothing as far as sketches to show for it. What got me on the path to wanting sketches was a free Wolverine sketch Dillon did for a friend of mine last year.
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:37 am

Rath99 wrote:
I like how dark his work looks. Every think about getting a villain? Doom? Joker? His reds look good so Spiderman would work well..so would Deadpool and Daredevil.

Maybe a Flash would be good. Obviously he's a Marvel guy, but it'd be interesting to see how it came out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help me decide Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help me decide   Help me decide Empty

Back to top Go down

Help me decide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NerdGasm :: NerdGasm :: Conventions-
Jump to: