NerdGasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for the fans by the fans. Where we give you everything you need to.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Walking Dead Thread

Go down 
+4
Rath99
StupidFaceMan
mchampion
Intelligent Moron
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

The Walking Dead Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 12:23 pm

I have been reading Walking Dead nonstop lately and can't put it down. Even have the wife involved now as well as my Brother In Law who is a Marine overseas in Afghanistan (When we finish with them we mail them over to him). I am through Vol. 6 and am waiting to pick up 7, 8, 9, and hopefully 10 at WWPhilly. I will be adding the single issues to my pull list starting now, since this would be the end of Vol. 10

Thanks to the asshole SFM for this one as well as all my other TPBs I am buying now.

Anyone else reading it... I swear I am trying to read them as fast as possible so we can all discuss it
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 1:24 pm

I got all 8 TPB's for Christmas, and blew them in two days. Then read them again. And then a third time. I had just gotten all the Invincible TPB's, and loved them cause it made superheroes FUN again, and gave this a try cause it was by the same author (I usually don't go in for horror stories). It blew my mind that this eff'd up zombie story came from the same mind, cause they are at two different ends of the spectrum!!! Dude, just wait...cause you ain't seen shit yet. This story gets so disturbing that when I was finished, I had problems going to sleep, and had to pick back up Invincible to put my head back into a happy place. Haven't gotten Vol. 9 yet, cause I seriously don't know if I can handle reading only one TPB at a time on this one! If 10 is out by WWPhilly, though, I may get them both then to read in the hotel room and REALLY push myself into an alcoholic binge that weekend. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelchampion.net
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 8:30 pm

you fucking slow ass jack offs. hurry the fuck up! i been reading this book since issue 30 and havent put it down since. I already order my copy of the compendium that will be issues 1 thru 48 so get on with it damn it so we can take about it.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 1:58 am

I've been thinking about picking up the trades of this but haven't yet. Can anyone break down what the book is about?
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 2:00 am

WK is a great book. I started off on the trades until I got caught up and now read monthly. There have been so many great things with this book.
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 7:00 am

Really, it's more of a post apocalyptic survival story that just happens to have a zombie infested world as a backdrop. The real story lies in the slow descent characters make from a civilized person to someone who will do anything to survive. You see characters forced to make moral decisions that make you go 'HOLY SHIT!!!!', but then you think about it and realize that you'd probably do the same. It really is a character driven story, and I can't say enough good things about it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 12:51 am

I think I'll be picking up my first trade this weekend. If it sucks someone owes me a beer!
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 1:29 am

If you think it sucks, the first beer's on me.

Terry Moore did the art for the first TPB's worth of issues, and then a new artist came on with the second TPB, Charlie Adlard. I was loving Terry's work so much that it took me a while to get used to Charlie's work, but Charlie's been the only artist to work on it since then, and his style really grew on me. While I still love Terry's work at the beginning, I can't imagine another artist doing this series now except Charlie. His style has really grown with the series, and he's made it his own.

One more thing about the art for this book...I've never really been a fan of black and white comics (except for Savage Sword of Conan, but that's more of a nostalgia thing), I like my pretty colors, especially in this day an age of digital coloring (when done right). But the black and white/greyscale art for this book just fits so well with the mood of the story, I never want to see it colorized. It's convinced me to keep the comic I'm working on either greyscaled or with very washed out, desaturated colors at most, and knocking me off the color wagon is no small feat given how much I love me my photoshop!

So yeah, if you don't like it, I owe you a beer. Cause I know I'll be able to buy you a cheap one cause you have no taste. LOL!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:46 am

can i get a beer to?

i thought the book sucked. really i did!
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 11:09 am

StupidFaceMan wrote:
can i get a beer to?

i thought the book sucked. really i did!

Blatant attempts to take advantage of the starving artist has just resulted in a new picture in your sketchbook... Razz
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 11:30 am

Make that a Jack and Coke...see I do have good taste!
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 9:12 pm

i cant fucking wait to see my book its goin to be awesome. oh yea steve rogers captian america is cool to just to let you know. also my buddy is goin to give me that dough for your habit next week and i will paypal it then alright champ? pirat ps this nick fury smiley is awesome
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:48 pm

I'm also reading it in TPB. My only complaint is that it moves at such a fucking snail's pace. I'm glad they've finally left the safety of the jail. I thought the storyline with the nearby town was pretty weak. I absolutely HATED the last TPB where he was talking to his dead wife on the phone. Really an entire trade that went nowhere.

Overall I'm a big fan of the series though. I'm a big zombie fan.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 11:03 pm

your stupid that book was very deep!
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyWed May 06, 2009 11:24 am

OK so I've decided to listen to you fools and buy the Walking Dead Compendium. Compared to buying just trades the compendium is worth it.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyWed May 06, 2009 7:31 pm

Today I purchased Volume 7,8,and 9.... 10 isn't supposed to be out till August so on Friday of the con I will try and get all the issues remaining to catch me up...

Mike if you want I will bring 9 with me and you can read it at your table if you have any down time or in your hotel room as long as I get it back before the end of the con.
Back to top Go down
The Peyton
New Guy
New Guy

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyTue May 12, 2009 8:54 pm

You have all caught my attention...might give it a try myself.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyTue May 12, 2009 9:32 pm

FUCKING BUY THIS BOOK!!!!!!! just go and buy it and then come back and thank us for telling you to the read one of the greatest comic books ever written.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptySat May 16, 2009 9:54 am

so am i the only one who read this months issue?
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyThu May 21, 2009 2:26 pm

Just picked up the Walking Dead Compendium. It has issues 1-48. That shit is a thick as 2 phone books.

If it sucks I will hit each of you with the book. It is big enough to give you a concussion.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyThu May 21, 2009 3:56 pm

I still need to find issues 55, 57, and 58 and then I will read 55 - 61 and be completely caught up.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyThu May 21, 2009 6:14 pm

I have soo much reading to do. I have the Walking Dead compendium and a shit load of Fables that I have to read.

You know what...fuck school work I'm just going do read comics until I'm caught up.
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyThu May 21, 2009 6:35 pm

StupidFaceMan wrote:
so am i the only one who read this months issue?

I'm with you on the monthlies, #61 was great.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:18 pm

thank you frank it was fucking epic i nearly shit myself because of page 3 nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:55 pm

StupidFaceMan wrote:
thank you frank it was fucking epic i nearly shit myself because of page 3 nuff said.

every time you think it has slowed down it gets turned up to 11.

BLAM!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Walking Dead Thread   The Walking Dead Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Walking Dead Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next