NerdGasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for the fans by the fans. Where we give you everything you need to.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him Empty
PostSubject: Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him   Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

I'm sure some of you guys have heard about the incident with Liefeld at WWC. A guy went up to him asking him to appologize for Heroes Reborn. He walked away and bought a copy of "How to Draw Comics The Marvel Way", wrote and inscription and gave it to him. Now he's braging about it on his blog.

First of all, he's a dick. You don't like something DON'T BUY IT! Secondly, for someone running a blog and that obvious has aspirations in the industry this was a great way to burn bridges.

check out the blog and the comments
http://superfunadventuretime.com/2009/08/0...engers-avenged/

reaction from CBR
http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/...me-was-the-hat/

and Bleeding Cool
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/08/10/the-rob-liefeld-backlash-backlash/
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him   Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:41 pm

I was just going to post the same subject here. This was such a dickhead move. If you guys get the chance, read the posts on the first link, there are many comic creators bashing this guy. It is nice to see them stand up for one of their own, even if they don't care for Liefeld.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him   Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:11 pm

I agree. This just puts a bad light on real fans who just love the industry
Back to top Go down
Duke
New Guy
New Guy

PostSubject: Re: Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him   Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 12:12 am

I am not big on some of Liefields old lazy habits BUT his newer stuff on Cable is not horrible by any means. That guy is a jerk.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him   Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:18 am

I thought it was funny but at the sametime in very bad taste but maybe its cause that kid is a knob.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him   Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 1:27 pm

I would have laughed at it more if he didn't act like a nervous kid asking a cheerleader to the prom. Then goes on his blog and pumps his chest like he stood up for all of nerd-dom. You don't like Leifelds crappy work, no one does, don't buy it. Blame the editors who give him work.
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him   Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 12:31 am

I've heard some not so flattering things about Liefeld behind the scenes, nothing I care to repeat in public cause really, at the end of the day, it's all hearsay. I think it's funny when other artists bust on him, like I was doing this sketchbook one time, and some other artist had gone through it and drawn little Jokers in the bottom corners of some of the pages, and one of them was pointing up at whatever sketch ended up on the page, saying something like 'Geez, this guy draws worse than Liefeld!' Now THAT I couldn't stop laughing at. I thought the concept of someone dropping off a copy of How To Draw The Marvel Way to Liefeld was funny, but yeah...him puffing his chest out and acting all big about it when he was admittedly sqeemish to begin with, and bragging about it really sours it.

I also think one of the other websites brought up a good point. Love his art or hate it, there's no denying that Liefeld brought a lot of new readers to comics back in the day, and we should all be thankful for that. I couldn't agree more.

I'm sure there are folks out there who hate my art and bust on it (SFM, probably. He's a prick that way), but I'd laugh if I was Liefeld and someone did this to me. I'd point out that I left Marvel and started the third biggest comic company in the country by drawing the Liefeld Way. Which is infinitely more profitable than being a douche on a blog.

...damn...did I just compliment Liefeld? Shit. Oh, well, I was into New Mutants back in the day, too. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelchampion.net
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him   Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:49 am

hey i like your work.......you know when you really sit down and get it done. not wait and wait and wait for it.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him   Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:21 am

StupidFaceMan wrote:
hey i like your work.......you know when you really sit down and get it done. not wait and wait and wait for it.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him   Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him Empty

Back to top Go down

Lefield and a lame attempt at "punking" him
Page 1 of 1