NerdGasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for the fans by the fans. Where we give you everything you need to.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UFC General Thread

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 11:29 pm

Just wanted to make a sticky version of this so we can talk about everything UFC. Continue to post like UFC 101 predictions and all like you guys do but here we can talk dream matchs and upcoming matchs etc.

Now the Press release for UFC 106 was released today.... what you guys think of the two main fights?

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=22432

Lesner vs Carwin

Ortiz vs Coleman

Also what you guys think of the

Machida vs Shogun fight at 104

Plus.... also announced today. After losing a decision to Nogiuera. Coutre is returning on November 14 at UFC 105 to the 205lbs division to fight Brandon Vera. Does this guy know what retirement means?
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 12:18 am

UFC 106 will now be Tito vs Forrest!

Go Forrest!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 2:51 pm

Wow....Tito hasn't shown much in his last few fights.
Forest should win this easy.
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 6:00 pm

Rath99 wrote:
Wow....Tito hasn't shown much in his last few fights.
Forest should win this easy.

Yeah, I think I read his last win was in 2006 and he has had a huge layoff. Forrest should be ready to go to avenge his lost to Tito and to make us all forget about him running out of Phila.
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 7:48 pm

UFC 104 tonight, anybody watching it?? Machida vs Rua is going to be good!!
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 10:17 pm

I have to pass on this one.

If anyone one watches let me know how it is
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptySat Oct 24, 2009 11:33 pm

i was tempted to buy it but decided not to
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:05 am

It's been a pretty solid PPV so far.

Rumble Johnson won in like 60 seconds with a huge knockout.

Joe Daddy chocked out Spencer Fisher.

Tiabu/Neer was a decision going to Tiabu. Started off great but got slow once Tiabu gassed out.

Brown Pride kicked the shit out of Rothwell.

And Machida is making his way to the ring!!
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 1:49 am

Man, Shogun pulled a Forrest vs Rampage and just kicked the shit out of Machida's legs and body. I thought Shogun looked really good, like Pride Shogun. I thought he could have won but I don't know if he did enough to beat the champ.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:58 am

i heard shogun was robbed. A lot of people were saying that you could obviously tell the Machida was hurt during round 5 and it looked like Shogun was still fighting round 1.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 12:10 pm

I hate when fights end in like this
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 12:29 pm

Well all 3 judges scored it the same. So it wasn't even like a split decision. I think Shogun did very well. He showed that Machida is hittable and he kicked the shit out of his legs. But in a 5 rd championship fight, I just don't think he did enough to take the belt away.

But this is the kind of shit that happens when you let the judges decide.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:33 pm

Just like a lot of people have said about the UFC and even boxing to beat the champ, you have to knock the champ out, and I think this fight kinda goes to prove that.
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 5:55 pm

And Brock is out of the 106 card!

Dammit.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:28 pm

What happened to Brock?
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Yahoo is reporting he is sick and has been for a month so he hasn't trained. some other site maybe it was swine flu. Looks like the fight is getting pushed back to UFC 108.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:07 pm

Yeah..the only news I'm hearing is that he's sick but no other info.
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:48 pm

So what happens with this fight since Lesnar is out? I guess Ortiz vs. Griffin becomes the main event? Doesn't exactly excite me.
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 11:58 pm

Goldbricker wrote:
So what happens with this fight since Lesnar is out? I guess Ortiz vs. Griffin becomes the main event? Doesn't exactly excite me.

I've heard the 'swine flu' being thrown around but mostly it is just that he has had the flu for a month and hasn't really trained. Carwin said in a interview that he has had the swine flu for a couple weeks but has kept training but he'll enjoy the time to rest and train.

And I agree, Tito/Forrest 2 isn't that exciting as a main event. But the 106 is freaking deep! Rumble Johnson/Josh Koscheck was added. I think the winner of this fight gets dibs at GSP after the Hardy/Swick fight at 105.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Rashaad beat the shit out of Thiago Silva and afterward Rogen asked who he wanted and he said "I heard there was an actor who came back to the UFC recently so Rampage... come on lets do it man!"

There will be an Interim Heavyweight Championship Fight at 111 between Mir and Shane Carwin also on the card is GSP vs Dan Hardy for GSP's belt.
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 2:29 am

I thought Rashad was going to lose the fight. All he did was take him down for 2 rds then proceeded to get rocked in the 3rd. After Silva gased out there wasn't much left. Weird little fight if you ask me.

Ramage should be able to kick the shit out of Rashad.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 3:56 pm

I believe rampage will also can't wait to see... I seriously thought thiago was going to knock him out.

The GSP vs Hardy and Mir vs Carwin fight is an hour away from me I am considering getting tickets.
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 3:03 pm

UFC111 this weekend, who ya got?

Can't wait to see pound the snot out of Hardy!! Mir and Carwin is going to be great too.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:14 pm

Going to a Wedding this weekend. Going to miss thsi
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 7:10 pm

Well, no one is better than GSP. The guy fought himself all 5 rounds. Though I wanted a finish from him, can't argue with how dominate he was. Scored 50-45, 50-44 and 50-43!

And Carwin knocking the shit out of Mir was kind of shocking. Thought Mir would do better. But Brock vs Carwin is going to be excellent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

UFC General Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: UFC General Thread   UFC General Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

UFC General Thread
Page 1 of 1