NerdGasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for the fans by the fans. Where we give you everything you need to.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Begun, The Con Wars Has

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
spideybono
spideybono

Begun, The Con Wars Has Empty
PostSubject: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 8:05 pm

So Bendis was listed as GOH at Anaheim and Alex Maleev and Phil Jimienez were listed as special guests and now they are not going to the show. In fact, Bendis aslo said he will not attend C2E2 that weekend as well. He is going to the Emerald Con and his reasoning is there are no con wars there.

Like I said, I knew this was going to happen. Marvel is going to prevent their "bigger" creators from attending any Wizard show because of the dick move they pulled. It is only a matter of time before DC does the same.

The said thing is, the real losers are us. The people that like getting the sketches, autographs, or just meetting their favorite creator. Wizard has done some major damage here and I do not think they are going to recover from this one
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:55 pm

Oh Genie,
I wish for comic book creators to be actual guests at a comic book convention. Can you make that happen?

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=574129461&ref=search&sid=1195602191.665933821..1#/photo.php?pid=481327&id=574129461
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 12:11 am

I don't understand why Bendis has to be like that. The dates were set for c2e2 and then Wizard put a con in Anahiem on the same weekend. The same goes for NYCC and next years BACC.

At least Reed entertainment is calling their con in Chicago, Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo, so when they do invite media guests it isn't solely called a comic con. Which Anahiem still is and they already have a list of media guests attending.
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:18 am

You are 100% right about the dates being set for Chicago when Anaheim was announced. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with two shows on the same weekend but across the states from one another. You have pros that live on the east coast and pros on the west coast. I think there is alittle something for everyone. Now could Anaheim schedule their show two weeks earlier or two weeks later, of course, but we now see who Shamus works.

Bendis backed out when BACC just had to schedule the same weeknd as NYCC. He, like the rest of us, realized that it was a dickhead move. That's why I say the fans lose because nobody, nobody is going to go to a Wizard show next year. From what I understand, Marvel is pissed (but then again, I don't know why, they went to no shows this past year). I just don't see Marvel and DC letting their exclusives go.

I think another thing to watch out for is will Marvel and DC start ignoring the magazine as well. Neither company needs that magazine with the internet. All of the news is outdated by the time the magazine hits. If that is the case, this dying magazine will be dead. It will be funny to look back when this is all said and done and see if the magazine is gone because Shamus will have no one to blame but himself
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:28 pm

I just thought of something.....once the deal for Disney to buy Marvel goes thru, it could make things interesting for Anaheim.......they might make the Marvel people go because Disney is partnering with Wizard on that one. Of course, this most likely will not affect WWP at all
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:57 pm

Where did my post go? I made a loong post with links to other sites so you guys could see the stuff that is going on and now my post is gone.

Don't tell me you guys are turning into them? JK
lol
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 12:00 am

Nope we aren't turning into them! At ALL!!!

Don't know where it went sorry man.
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:18 am

I don't remember seeing anything from you Tito. Is it possible that you hit preview and not send, I have done that a few times. If you could repost it, I know I would love to read it. I am loving this stuff.

BTW, I saw that your one post about the upcoming Philly show was deleted at WUMB
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 10:48 am

oh that was me i just felt like being a jerk. but no really we dont delete anything unless its a double post.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 12:09 pm

I'm joking guys I know you don't censor.

I'll try to find the links to some of the deleted posts
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 3:33 pm

I mean I almost deleted it when I saw it.

*cashing check from Wizard Universe*

Spidey how are you able to get on the WUMB did they not ban your whole IP? What did Tito say about the upcoming Philly show? Does me asking the questions like this feel like a lead up to the next episode of Batman? Well tune in next week....
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 6:38 pm

Bleeding Cool had an article up talking about how a Wizard staffer was defending Wizard decision to go against Reed next October. A day later it was gone. But the guys at CBR picked up on the story and reported on it. They also quoted Bendis from his board and PvP's Scott Kurts Twitter account.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2009/10/is-brian-michael-bendis-a-casualty-of-the-con-war/

This is the latest from Bleeding Cool...FULL DISCLOSURE Rich Johnston was paid by Wizard to go to Big Apple and report on it.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/10/23/con-wars-wizard-vs-reed-where-did-it-begin/
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 6:39 pm

..And the guys over at Wizard have been doing a good job of washing their boards of any talk of it and other negative comments.
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:18 pm

I deleted my cookies and I am only able to read the posts, which some were awesome. My ban is over 11/22 and I will probably be banned again on 11/23.

Tito's comments that was deleted was when he responded to an earlier post in the thread where the poster wanted a convention with wrestlers, washed up actors, and reality stars and Tito responded that this is the show for you, if you wanted a comic convention try this and provided a link
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:20 pm

And we were the ones who voiced our opinions openly about a convention that was being dragged through shit we were shut out. If only they listen to the fans who take the stuff personally they may be able to win the market like they say they are trying.

I went to Wizard World Philly last year and as a person who bought a ticket passed out fliers to a website that was based on the same stuff as Wizard, so in their sense shouldn't I of been kicked out as well.

Wizard is pathetic and I am right there with Kurtz. It sucks that Bendis is saying he may not do cons period till it is resolved but oh well that is one casualty hopefully there won't be many more. And God dammit Panelsonpages.com was featured in both of those articles.... We need more people to start writing for this site dammit!!!
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:24 pm

spideybono wrote:
I deleted my cookies and I am only able to read the posts, which some were awesome. My ban is over 11/22 and I will probably be banned again on 11/23.

Tito's comments that was deleted was when he responded to an earlier post in the thread where the poster wanted a convention with wrestlers, washed up actors, and reality stars and Tito responded that this is the show for you, if you wanted a comic convention try this and provided a link

and when you click on the link it took you to the NYCC home page Smile
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:40 pm

Here is some more stuff I found. Not a lot of support for Shamus and the boys.

http://pwbeat.publishersweekly.com/blog/2009/10/25/nyccs-lance-fensterman-responds-to-wizard-comic-book-resources/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Begun, The Con Wars Has   Begun, The Con Wars Has Empty

Back to top Go down

Begun, The Con Wars Has
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NerdGasm :: NerdGasm :: Conventions-
Jump to: