NerdGasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for the fans by the fans. Where we give you everything you need to.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Autograph Question For You Guys

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spideybono
spideybono

Autograph Question For You Guys Empty
PostSubject: Autograph Question For You Guys   Autograph Question For You Guys EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:28 am

Alright, so we all know that I am the resident autograph whore around here and I have a question for you guys:

How many books is too many to bring to one person to sign?

The reason why I am asking is that I got my books together last night to take the the Super Show this weekend with Walt Simonson there and I realized that I am taking 27 books for him to sign. Now personally I don't think that is alot but my wife thinks that is too many. So I just want opinions from people who understand better. For the record the most I have ever taken for one person was 26 for Geoff Johns but come on it's Johns, how do you pick and chose for him. I know it's easy for IM because there is no Punisher involved but it is not too easy for the rest of us

One of the reasons that I have that many books is because I am a big fan and I could not chose which ones to bring and also even thou he will be in Baltimore this year, I can skip him and go for somebody else that I never met.

One last thing about it, is that this year I am trying to get my 1000th book signed and I am at 632. I have to take alot to the show because we all know I can depend on Wizard World Philly on getting alot of people there for me to bother

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

PostSubject: Re: Autograph Question For You Guys   Autograph Question For You Guys EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:56 pm

I've given myself a 5 book limit. Most times it is just 1 or 2 because I hate being stuck behind the guy that has 100 books. But you know, we are all there for the same reason, dude with a 100 books wants to say thanks just as much as I do.

And if you had 27 books all out for Walt, ready to be signed, that can't take that long. I really hate the ones that get up there and have all 27 books still in bags! I say do it at least at the CGS show as that will be a relaxed event and 27 books would give you enough time to tell him Thanks!
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Autograph Question For You Guys   Autograph Question For You Guys EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 6:46 pm

Thanks Frank. I have all of the books ready to go. I just have to take them out of my man purse
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

PostSubject: Re: Autograph Question For You Guys   Autograph Question For You Guys EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 9:58 pm

You mean European Carry All right?
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Autograph Question For You Guys   Autograph Question For You Guys EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:17 pm

Brinig them all. If Walt is willing to sign them then good for you. Just be prepared to have him limit how many he signs. You might have guys behind you who get upset but fuckem'. lol
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Autograph Question For You Guys   Autograph Question For You Guys EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:11 am

yea i'm that guy who gets pissed at the dude with a gaint bag or box full of books for one guys. but thats cause i want to be able to meet as many of the people as i can and not be stuck in a line for lets say 2 and a half hours cause some asshole in front of you has 50 copies of the some god damn book to be signed. then again i say go for it.
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Autograph Question For You Guys   Autograph Question For You Guys EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 9:06 pm

No double copies. Just some favorite issues
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: Autograph Question For You Guys   Autograph Question For You Guys EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 1:57 am

I remember when I met Jim Lee and they said he had a limit and I was sitting there trying to figure out which books I wanted him to sign.
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

PostSubject: Re: Autograph Question For You Guys   Autograph Question For You Guys EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 4:25 pm

So, how'd the signing go??
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Autograph Question For You Guys   Autograph Question For You Guys EmptyTue Mar 30, 2010 5:48 pm

It is a very, very small show but yea I got all of the books that I took signed. I am not a sketch person at all but the line for Simonson was like 20 people and he did sketches for everyone. I was second anyway but I had to get a Thor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autograph Question For You Guys   Autograph Question For You Guys Empty

Back to top Go down

Autograph Question For You Guys
Page 1 of 1