for the fans by the fans. Where we give you everything you need to.

HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wizard World Philadelphia 2009

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
AuthorMessage
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:06 am

Well he is still adding z-list celebrities.....some model named Dazza Del Rio, and X-Pac. Once again, he added no new comic creators, which I think he should ge somebody to replace Mike Allred
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:14 am

I like how when you google Dazza Del Rio to see who she is, that the number one listing is as follows:

Dazza Del Rio - Model, Car Show Model, Actress

Now, I have to dispute the Actress bit, since she has no listings on IMDB, but Car Show Model?!?!?!? Hey, at least she's done a photoshoot in a Superman T-Shirt...

http://www.dazza.com/samples/Comic%20Super%20Girl/index.html

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.michaelchampion.net
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:16 am

Hey MC, you know how you moved your table? If I am not mistaken you took over Mike Allred's
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:21 am

nice when ever I go to her site, i get a warning from Avast! Anti Virus... CAUTION A TROJAN HORSE VIRUS HAS BEEN DETECTED!!!

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:30 am

AAAHHH, quality guests and friends Spat has there. Seriously, is anybody here this Ploppers fellow on WUMB. He seems to be one of us
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:33 am

Damn. I booted Mike Allred?!?!? Something else to add to me resume'...

Closed WWTX
Closing WWPhilly
Booted Mike Allred

Hell, no wonder Garth Ennis moved his table away from me! Razz

Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:38 am

no i cant see the site spidey can you copy paste and send him a pm telling him to come over here

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:05 pm

Rath, can you PM this Ploppers fellow at WUMB and tell him to come here for me and IM?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:36 pm

Here we go again from Spat and this is bullshit because we got banned for alot worse from what this Ploppers is saying:

Wow, I go away for a weekend and this place goes crazy!

Ok, this is going to be an official warning. While I'm not a moderator, I like to think that I can drop a message to a moderator and have someone kicked from the board if I have to.

Ploppers - You are more than welcome to have your own opinion. It's one of the founding principles of this Nation. But once you start insulting the members here with personal attacks about them, their lifestyles, where they live, etc., you're gonna get banned. I left you alone, even after your first diatribe, just because you weren't directly attacking anyone but Wizard (and me to a lesser extent). But once you start directing your ire towards the other members here, I have to jump in and make sure you understand the rules.

As for your opinion, it helps your argument a lot mor
e if you actually have an argument. Just saying you hate something is a lot like a 5 year old saying they hate mustard even though they've never tried it.

Give a reason why you dislike the media guests. Why do you think a certain writer is a hack? Have you read any of their work? Or did you just Google their name to see what else they wrote so you could hate that as well?

Again, you are more than welcome to not like something, but please elaborate on the reasons. You may sway people into agreeing with you!

But in the same vein that we have to allow you to have an opinion, you also have to allow other people to have theirs. Not everyone likes the same thing, nor should they be expected to. If that were the case, there would only be one comic book, one TV show, etc.

People like different things for different reasons and you have yet to tell us that you like anything other than Joe Quesada. Well, we'll have Joe in New York in October. Feel free to come on up and meet him!

If you're that unhappy with the show and not willing to stop harassing the other members here, I'm sure we can get people to pool their money and buy your VIP package off you (or you could just ask for a refund for it through Ticket Leap - 877 TIX LEAP) so you won't have to bother coming to a show that is so full of people that you dislike.

As for guests not coming to the show that weekend - It is Father's Day Weekend. A lot of guests I talked to said they couldn't be at the show because they were spending it with family.

Some of you were very correct about personal issues. Of the guests that canceled, only one of them gave no reason, the others all gave personal reasons and asked that they not be disclosed.

VIP check in - You go to the VIP Check In window, they scan the bar code on you PDF form that you got e-mailed and hand you a pass for the show.

You can then take that pass, and assuming that it's show time, enter the show through the VIP Entry line, OR you can go to the VIP Pick Up area and get your bag of VIP swag. These are now two different areas, this way if you want your goodies now, you can get them, but if you want to check out the show first without having to carry all that stuff, you can come back later and get it.

Froggy's Photo Booth - You buy your ticket at Froggy's table, then come back at the proper time for the session. There will be a holding area set up for people to line up. The guest comes over and people (one at a time) go up and get their picture taken. We're usually able to get about 200 people through that in about 45 minutes. It goes super fast, so don't be late!

The pictures are then printed at the booth, or e-mailed to you (if you request that) and you pick them up at the booth a little while later. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes to get printed, sometimes 2 hours. It depends on how many people buy photos.

Marvel at the show - If Marvel was done with Wizard (or whatever the phrase was), why would they give us preview pages of Spider-Man 600 to use in the program book? Why give us the Spider-Man 600 cover to use as our program cover? Why come down with editors, writers and artists to meet fans and host panels? Why not just save themselves the train costs and hotel costs and just stay home and hate us in private?

Too many Media and not enough Comic Guests at the show - You're all absolutely right about that, though I wouldn't say there are too many Media Guests, I would say that there should have been more Comic Guests. I tried to get more Comic guests there, but with such a late start from when I started working here, many were already booked, had personal plans that weekend, had deadlines that week, or just couldn't work out the details (travel, babysitters, whatever).

But I do agree, Comic Guests are the most important ones there. But Media Guests are also important. Remember, Wizard is "The Magazine of Comics, Entertainment and Pop Culture". Not just comics. It says so right there on the cover.

Ok, time for me to get back to work here. Play nice!

--------------------
-Spat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:36 pm

Ok I sent Ploppers an invite to join us. Wow he is pissed lol. If you guys didn't say anything I would have thought it was Spidy or SFM. I stopped reading that thread because it would just piss me off, and in going back and reading some of the postings I realized I did the right thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:49 pm

Yeah, I thought Ploppers was one of you guys doing a stealth run. Razz

Back to top Go down
Ploppers
New Guy
New Guy

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:57 pm

Hey fellas. Thanks for the invite to this forum.

As you've read over at the WUMB, I've been skewering Wizard and that Scab guy for putting together a shitty show, which is what several of you apparently did earlier in the thread. I am purposely being an asshole over there, but I think that our points are valid. If I wanted to go to a show to see washed up wrestlers, I pay a $3 door charge to get into a hotel lobby or firehouse.

I'm an avid comic reader and have been to WWP 5 of the last 6 years. It gets more terrible every year. I enjoy going to the Baltimore Con more every year. Fewer creators come to Philly every year, and those that do were all there last year.

I wonder how the meeting went were someone said, "We should have the con on the same weekend as Heroes Con AND Father's Day. I guess Gareb was busy counting his CGC slabs or Valiant back issues to notice.

The mods over there are retards. I fully expected to get banned after requesting that Michael Turner and Steve Gerber get invites to the show. But I guess you can get away with a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Ploppers Welcome to the boards.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:36 pm

Hey Ploppers,

Welcome to the board and what seems like is easily your home. Stupidfaceman, Goldbricker, and myself have only had the pleasure of hearing of your exploits since our IPs have been banned. We can't even read the damn site. Feel free to post however much you want about how much you hate it etc... Also we have the main site www.haveanerdgasm.com which is news of everything nerdy.

We will be all getting together sometime this weekend for a group photo at Mike Champion's page and your are welcome of course. Also we have outings planned on Friday and Saturday which you are more than welcome to as well. You can check the itinerary here.

Hope to see you this weekend and let's show Philly the love we have had for it and make the best out of a lackluster show. Good to have ya aboard Ploppers.

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:52 pm

I think Josh means 'We'll all be getting together for a group photo at Mike Champion's TABLE', LOL!!!! I'll be a table 14 in Artist Alley. Please be sure to stop by and say hi, and welcome to Nerdgasm!

Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:17 pm

yeah yeah yeah, thats what I meant!!!

Also, the bags are packed and sitting right outside the bedroom door. I have already received one disappointment. The only book I intended on bringing with me to get signed, came in the mail today and much to the MINT CONDITION note that was left on the eBay page, it is not. It has a nice little crease of sorts in the lower left hand corner and this really pisses me off. I know if the person has another copy there is no way they would be able to get it to me in time for the con.

New Guy
New Guy

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:09 pm

Looks like I finally got the 'ol heave ho (I am apparently suspended until 6.22, which, incidentally, is right after the show). LOL

Now attacking the board with an IP Mask as "Plopper's Ghost", lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:41 pm

Ploppers, welcome to the board. I thought you were one of us already. Thanks for making Spat look like the tool that he is. He has done such a lousy job and I love how he does not respond to the negative (like the 3 pages today) but always takes a pat on the back for all of the awesome media guests he got. If you look at the list he never got one comic creator and I don't want to hear his shit about being too late because Heroes Con is still adding people. Comic creators too. I am not sure who said over at W
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Goldbricker

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:43 pm

Ploppers wrote:
Looks like I finally got the 'ol heave ho (I am apparently suspended until 6.22, which, incidentally, is right after the show). LOL

Now attacking the board with an IP Mask as "Plopper's Ghost", lol.

Hmmm, this guy thinks too much like me. It's like he's my long lost twin or something.

Welcome to the board guy. Hope you stick around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Intelligent Moron wrote:
yeah yeah yeah, thats what I meant!!!

Also, the bags are packed and sitting right outside the bedroom door. I have already received one disappointment. The only book I intended on bringing with me to get signed, came in the mail today and much to the MINT CONDITION note that was left on the eBay page, it is not. It has a nice little crease of sorts in the lower left hand corner and this really pisses me off. I know if the person has another copy there is no way they would be able to get it to me in time for the con.

I have all my books together but I will not be packing until Wednesday. I am officially on vacation now thou, so no more work until after WWP!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:54 pm

I have to start pulling stuff. I'm getting mostly Ennis stuff signed. Maybe something by Linser.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:55 pm

For the record I am tired of that asshole SuperDoug. I have been tired of his shit since Febuary
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:01 am

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that I got all of the commissions done, and those who needed tweaks done those are done, too. But damned if I didn't pack 'em all up before scanning them! I only have a couple hours at my disposal tomorrow night, and I gotta spend those with the girls, so sorry for not giving last minute previews of everything! But just know that everything is done and packed up and ready to be claimed this weekend! Smile

Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:05 am

Nice Mike....

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:21 am

(except for Josh's. The dog pee'd on the Punisher) Razz

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content