NerdGasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for the fans by the fans. Where we give you everything you need to.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spideybono
spideybono

Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!? Empty
PostSubject: Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!?   Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 7:03 pm

According to some WUMBer, they stated that all of the major comic companies....Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, and so on all signed exclusive contracts to only appear it the Reed shows. I hope this not true, but then again they were all at San Diego so it is probably not true

I guess you can all ignore this Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!?   Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:22 pm

I've heard this as well but nothing offical has come out. This would suck for the smaller cons. I think the smaller cons should model themselves after Baltimore.

Another rumor...Wizard magizine doesn't have much time and they will be focusing on the con business.
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

PostSubject: Re: Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!?   Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:50 pm

Rath99 wrote:

Another rumor...Wizard magizine doesn't have much time and they will be focusing on the con business.

That's been floating around for a while. I think if anything they'd have a chance if they changed things up a bit in their mag. Get rid of the stupid price guide and focus on comics, but also explore other aspects of geek culture. Just not pro wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!?   Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 2:11 am

the price guide has been gone for awhile, I thought? at least that is Andy's big complaint. If Wizard focus's on the cons that would be great but I fear it is turning into the Pop Culture Con instead of any kinda Comic Con but yet they are still calling it that.

The big companies could of still done that just included in the contract that SDCC was the exception to the rule.
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

PostSubject: Re: Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!?   Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 8:49 am

Intelligent Moron wrote:
the price guide has been gone for awhile, I thought? at least that is Andy's big complaint. If Wizard focus's on the cons that would be great but I fear it is turning into the Pop Culture Con instead of any kinda Comic Con but yet they are still calling it that.

The big companies could of still done that just included in the contract that SDCC was the exception to the rule.

Maybe I'm thinking about Toy Fare, but I thought the price guide was still there. Either way they don't have any compelling content. I haven't bought an issue in years. I just browse it at Barnes and Noble.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!?   Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 1:48 pm

I was listening to a pod cast hosted my Mark Brooks. They spoke a little about Wizards conventions and why the big publishers don't attend them. He said the Wizard based its content on advertising dollars. So it became a giant ad magazine used just to promote what was coming out and not offering any real news. If Marvel spent a large amount on ads then Wizard will cover them and what they had coming out. All that went to hell as Wizards circulation went to hell. One guy on the pod cast said that it is at an estimated 30,000 copies (wow). Now Wizard has increased the cost of ads and the big companies won't spend money on a mag with dwindling circulation. In the process Wizard may have burned some of their bridges with the companies.
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

PostSubject: Re: Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!?   Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:33 pm

Rath99 wrote:
I was listening to a pod cast hosted my Mark Brooks. They spoke a little about Wizards conventions and why the big publishers don't attend them. He said the Wizard based its content on advertising dollars. So it became a giant ad magazine used just to promote what was coming out and not offering any real news. If Marvel spent a large amount on ads then Wizard will cover them and what they had coming out. All that went to hell as Wizards circulation went to hell. One guy on the pod cast said that it is at an estimated 30,000 copies (wow). Now Wizard has increased the cost of ads and the big companies won't spend money on a mag with dwindling circulation. In the process Wizard may have burned some of their bridges with the companies.

Which podcast did you hear that on. Sounds like a fascinating discussion. I love behind the scenes shit.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!?   Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:21 pm

the price guide was the best part of the fucking thing!
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!?   Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 7:00 pm

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-12986/TS-255392.mp3

That's the link to the podcast...also talk about the yellow hat douche
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!?   Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!? Empty

Back to top Go down

Major Comic Companies Signed Exclusive With Reed?!?!?!!?
Page 1 of 1