NerdGasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for the fans by the fans. Where we give you everything you need to.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...

Go down 
+3
Peter Palmer
Intelligent Moron
mchampion
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 10:58 am

I wanna see my Punisher / Jigsaw commission!!! And mike how do we watch these shows?
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 11:12 am

Still working out the details, but I think it's gonna be as simple as signing on to Facebook and watching it through there. At the very least, a finished broadcast can be output to YouTube. It's pretty cool, though, I can enable a live chat, so you guys could theoretically heckle me while I draw. Theoretically. I know you guys wouldn't really do that, though. Razz

Gotta finish inking the Punisher/Jigsaw pic, but it looks really cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelchampion.net
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 11:19 am

oh we are going to have so much fun with this, once you get it up and running!!!
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 11:43 am

...why did I tell you guys about this? Razz
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:02 pm

lol, cause you love us!!
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 3:46 pm

mchampion wrote:
...why did I tell you guys about this? Razz

because you enjoy the harassment the bashing we give you
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:44 pm

cuz we are awesome and make the best jokes.
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 4:58 pm

Damn, it's getting deep in here.... Razz
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 5:03 pm

you start working on the deadpool sketch mike? the only reason i havent sent the money is cuz i been to lazy to go to bank and put it in.
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 5:55 pm

I've pretty much got everything started. After getting the news about the job going down the crapper, it's been hard staying focused for any length of time. ADD kicking in. But we got a three day weekend coming up, and I should be able to get most, if not everything, done this weekend.

BTW, I think everything's ready to go on the live sketch show. Search for me on Facebook, Michael Champion, I think I'm the first one to come up. The video player is on the profile page, down below friends on the left hand side. I'm gonna take it for a test drive tonight, probably in the 9 o'clock hour CST. Anything I do will be recorded and saved, so if you miss the excitement tonight, the video should be available tomorrow.

Don't expect much. I can't video drawing on paper till I get an external camera, so in the meantime I'll be sketching with the Wacom Tablet directly into Photoshop. Not something I'm used to doing, so everything will probably be very rough. But over time, it should be interesting to see a progression in my skill. I'm a lot better with the markers and bristol board, though! I may limit things to 5-10 minute videos. I can't imagine anyone being interested enough to tune in longer than that. So, very much a beta test tonight. We'll see how it goes. And I have kids and family members on the facebook page, so I need to keep things in the realm of PG13. Don't be expecting see me drawing any hentai (I'm looking at YOU, SFM). Smile

Oh, and I'm gonna try to knock out the nerdgasm logo before the week's out.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2009 7:13 pm

what they are funny
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 12:28 am

Here's the first sketch for the live sketch show. Went pretty good. I gotta figure out how I can see the chat window while I'm drawing, though. Smile

The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 Arena_of_Champions_1_by_MChampion
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 12:34 am

Pretty cool Mike. Any issues? technical?
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 12:50 am

I think the feed dropped a couple times. It split the video into three halves. Not a big deal. The biggest thing is the chat window. I could hear it popping up as people were commenting (the facebook chat window), but I didn't want to keep flipping over to it. I guess the easiest solution is to just minimize my photoshop window just enough so I can see the chat window.

Gonna try it again tomorrow night around 9:30. Trying to keep it to a 20 minute show at most. Smile
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2009 12:52 am

And like I said, I'm not used to drawing with the wacom tablet, so this stuff is coming out a lot rougher than what I normally do. I also don't spend the time finishing out all the little detailing on it due to time restraints. It's a cool little exercise, though. I'm all loosened up and ready to do some serious drawing!!!!

(sigh) Looks like another night with little to no sleep, now...
Back to top Go down
Peter Palmer
New Guy
New Guy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 6:03 pm

Hey Mike! It's been a little while. Just wanted to let you know that the preliminary grade for the Fallen Son sketch that's being SS'd is a 9.8. If you didn't know, that's basically the highest grade you can get on these sketches! Very Happy There's a slight chance the grade will drop before encapsulation, but it's highly unlikely. I should get it back in a week or two. I'll be sure to post it when I do!

Also, you split the video into 3 halves? 3 halves? How'd that work for ya? confused
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 7:58 pm

Dude, that video split itself. I think the feed kept dropping that night, so the video would stop then start back up, hence 3 separate videos. Haven't had that problem since. Smile
Back to top Go down
sector2814
New Guy
New Guy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 10:02 pm

Mike,

Are you still taking names for sketches at the show? If so, I'd like to get on your list. I'll have multiple sketchbooks, so I don't know what I'll want to get from you yet. I figured that I'd find you early at the show and we could talk about it there. My name is Jeff.
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 10:21 pm

Sure thing, Jeff! I got ya on there! I'm at table 14, back at the end of a row. Feel free to load me up on your sketchbooks, I'll be there all weekend. Smile
Back to top Go down
sector2814
New Guy
New Guy

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 13, 2009 10:30 pm

Cool. I'll see you there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...   The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Official Michael Champion WWPhilly Sketchlist...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2