NerdGasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for the fans by the fans. Where we give you everything you need to.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore

Go down 
+4
Deadpool6
Goldbricker
Frank
spideybono
8 posters
AuthorMessage
spideybono
spideybono

Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore Empty
PostSubject: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Say what you want but I am thrilled that Liefeld is coming to Baltimore. I know he is not the greatest artist in the world but back when he started on New Mutants and I was only a couple of years in to the collecting thing, his stuff blew me away.

So now that he is coming, Baltimore will be having Liefeld, Larsen, Silvestri, Portacio, and Valentino. 5 of the orginal 7 Image guys. Now I am pretty sure we won't get Lee because he is appearing at the Big Apple Con a week later but if we get McFarlane, I will shit my pants
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:22 pm

Getting a Leifeld sketch is on my list of things to do. I just missed in Seattle last april. Nice guy though and if you wanna win him over praise his beloved Lakers!!
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:28 pm

Baltimore is insane this year. Anyone that is close and not thinking of going is crazy.
Back to top Go down
Deadpool6
New Guy
New Guy
Deadpool6

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 11:44 pm

got a Liefeld sketch at the NYCC this year. he's a little moody. for what he charges, you'd think he would be a little nicer. it also took him 3 days to get to it. thought I wasn't going to get my sketch book back.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:43 am

Deadpool6 wrote:
got a Liefeld sketch at the NYCC this year. he's a little moody. for what he charges, you'd think he would be a little nicer. it also took him 3 days to get to it. thought I wasn't going to get my sketch book back.

If you don't mind me asking, what did he charge you?
Back to top Go down
Deadpool6
New Guy
New Guy
Deadpool6

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:47 am

I think it was $70 for a bust. full figs were over a $100
Back to top Go down
Deadpool6
New Guy
New Guy
Deadpool6

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:50 am

Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:03 am

[quote="Deadpool6"]http://robliefeld.net/nyc09_10.htm

this is what i got[/quote

That is actually not bad. I am just hoping to get some signatures and maybe a lithograph. I heard that he sells them at cons
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:56 am

In Seattle he was charging 100 Bust and 200 Full Figure and his prices in SDCC were even crazier.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:05 am

fuck him and his shitty art. but thank you for Deadpool.
Back to top Go down
Deadpool6
New Guy
New Guy
Deadpool6

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:33 pm

he loves taking credit for Deadpool, but he gets annoyed when asked for a Deadpool sketch. i was like 3rd on his list, but because it was a Deadpool sketch, he kept pushing it down his list to do other characters first. he also will do stuff for his friends or celebs first. i'm happy that i got it, but wouldn't do it again.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:40 pm

Hmm a Liefeld Punisher sketch.... and I would make Jason jealous? *Scratches head* DAMN UNEMPLOYMENT!!!!

And Doug was that a shot at me? Saying if anyone is close and not planning on going? ;-) I will be there at least one day. The NerdGasm Execs have to make an appearance we are too important not to. Not sure if I will be dropping dough on Liefeld though as there are some Punisher alumni there that may garner my attention more. Bernie Wrightson, Doug Braithwaite, Barry Kitson, Erik Larsen, and others.

Not sure how much money I will have for that show.
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 6:32 pm

Intelligent Moron wrote:

And Doug was that a shot at me? Saying if anyone is close and not planning on going? ;-) I will be there at least one day. The NerdGasm Execs have to make an appearance we are too important not to. Not sure if I will be dropping dough on Liefeld though as there are some Punisher alumni there that may garner my attention more. Bernie Wrightson, Doug Braithwaite, Barry Kitson, Erik Larsen, and others.

No, I just assumed you'd be there. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm going to turn it into a two day.

Have you guys thought about trying to get press passes? Just might work.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 2:09 am

yeah we are trying to talk to baltimore comic con right now but they aren't really responding quickly... we also considered getting a table and going that route. When I emailed about that I got a response instantly.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 2:58 am

Intelligent Moron wrote:
yeah we are trying to talk to baltimore comic con right now but they aren't really responding quickly... we also considered getting a table and going that route. When I emailed about that I got a response instantly.

Not surprised. lol
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 12:21 am

I'll do you a Deadpool like that for $20. Right now, that is. When I get famous, I'll rape you for sketches. God, I can't wait for those days... Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.michaelchampion.net
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:54 am

you even try to charge any of us some crazy ass price like some of those assholes and i will jump over your table and punch you myself. Mad
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:42 am

Please when SFM goes to his table have a camera ready!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 11:47 am

Warn me first, so I can move any perishables off the table. I doubt SFM can make the leap to clear them... Razz
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 8:30 pm

damn mchampion swinging low!

but true SFM could not make the jump and if he did his cane would hit the table before he cleared it anyway.

You do that mike and Im gonna go buy you a "how to draw the marvel way" book
Back to top Go down
mchampion
mchampion

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:37 pm

I gotta tell you...I been missing busting people's balls at the old job since it ended. It's nice to start getting that out of my system here. Razz
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:52 pm

Intelligent Moron wrote:
we also considered getting a table and going that route.

Just out of curiosity how much is a table and what do you get with it in terms of passes?
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 1:24 am

the table was either 150 or 200 I miss placed the paper. It is a six foot table with two chairs and you get two passes with additional passes for $10 I believe maybe more.
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:43 am

Intelligent Moron wrote:
the table was either 150 or 200 I miss placed the paper. It is a six foot table with two chairs and you get two passes with additional passes for $10 I believe maybe more.

At 150 I'd say that's a can't pass up deal.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 3:06 pm

yea but then we need to get some artist to come and sit at it to pimp our name.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore   Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore Empty

Back to top Go down

Liefeld Is Coming To Baltimore
Page 1 of 1