NerdGasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for the fans by the fans. Where we give you everything you need to.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disney buys Marvel

Go down 
+3
StupidFaceMan
Goldbricker
Rath99
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:43 pm

BIG news today!
Total shocker but I don't see much changing at Marvel in terms of comics.
I see it like the relationship Disney and Pixar have.
I do see it affecting Marvel's merchandising. Disney said they will honor the contracts Marvel has right now.
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:58 pm

Makes for a weird situation at the Universal theme park in Orlando where they have a large section devoted to what are now Disney characters.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:24 pm

and all disney cares about is the checks that roll in from spidey and the gang. as for anything changing i dont see why they would think about it they just spent 4 billion on marvel. so marvel must have been doing something to be worth that much so why fuck it up.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 11:53 pm

When it comes to the toys it is going to be awkward. Because Disney uses Mattel to produce all of their toys. Mattel produces DC toys. So could we see Mattel become the number one leader in Comic Book toys?

Hell the Marvel figures will be much better in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut
New Guy
New Guy

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 9:16 am

You know that it'll be a major ad's for disney movies, dvd, etc... in the comic book pages alone. I think that's the main reason for buying out Marvel. Figures shows that most of the parents that take their children to see disney films are avent comic book fans. Everyone knows that a loyal fan is a paying fan. "Come on kids we're going to Disney world to see the Spiderman show at the epcot center."
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:14 am

From what I've read I think Disney may allow Universal to keep using the Marvel characters and charge a HUGE licensing fee
Back to top Go down
Chris McNasty
New Guy
New Guy
Chris McNasty

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:10 pm

Quote :
You know that it'll be a major ad's for disney movies, dvd, etc... in the comic book pages alone. I think that's the main reason for buying out Marvel.

Don't think Disney is dumb enough to blow 4 billion dollars on ad space. Especially when they could have dropped a couple hundred grand and adveritsed in both of the major companies. I'm sure with the youth titles they were already advertising in those books.

Nah, this was to get thier hands on writers, artists, and to get thier share of the comic movie boom.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 6:27 pm

its about all the duckets yo!afro

they are saying disney wont turn a profit till 2012. which might be true but you got to figure each marvel movie will net them atleast 500 million world wide. do not let us forget the monthly check from us hardcord fans who spend like its our jobs on their books. So for disney its about how much extra income will come from it.

though it wont hurt to have the ad space.

As for people making the jokes about your goin to see goofy in a spiderman comic. You bet your fucking ass you will! these writers are just goin to be poking fun at this for a little bit. i mean why not it is funny.
Back to top Go down
Chris McNasty
New Guy
New Guy
Chris McNasty

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 7:16 pm

I see a vision of the next hit on-going story out of marvel...

Deadpool does disney
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut
New Guy
New Guy

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 9:12 am

LOL i can total see deadpool having a special "disney" moment.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 11:28 am

i think only deadpool could have fun with disney. the man does like to break the 4th wall.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyFri Sep 04, 2009 8:37 am

there is a new captain america ride at disney world?

you walk up some steps and then get shot by your ex-girlfriend
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 9:46 am

not cool josh not cool at all.
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 10:59 am

StupidFaceMan wrote:
not cool josh not cool at all.

I liked it.
Back to top Go down
Frank
Yeah, I know him....
Yeah, I know him....
Frank

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Boy, people are freaking out over Disney and them possibly not allowing Marvel characters to be sketched/commissioned.

Bleeding Cool had an article on it as well.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 1:45 pm

Yeah..This is the article on Bleeding Cool

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/09/04/the-merry-marvel-marching-copyright-machine/

I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 8:20 pm

that would suck since I just got into the whole sketch thing. I don't think it will affect anything. I mean Warner Bros hasn't necessarily done it over their DC stuff and there are people who sketch Disney stuff.

Just another thing for fan boys to complain about, but in the article it stated that the eBay thing is a regular thing where they put a complaint in towards sub par art. I find that kinda humorous.

Another joke from the mind of the Intelligent Moron....

Disney announced the creation of some carnival games for their theme parks where you will portray Spider-man and you must rescue Gwen Stacey from falling off the bridge. It will be named 'Dunking for Stacey'
Back to top Go down
Chris McNasty
New Guy
New Guy
Chris McNasty

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 1:26 pm

The first person the article mentions, Sherry Links, is just a lazy, no talent hack trying to make money while not doing any work. She said she worked on Marvel masterpieces III, but that run was created entirely by Greg and Tim Hildebrandt. She was only 11 when those cards first came out. She got shut down cause she was lying about her products.

The reason most artists don't run into copyright problems when it comes to commissions is cause there is some room to move around in when it comes to copyright and trademark laws. There are 4 things that will allow a comission to be legal. They are the purpose and character of the use of the commission, the nature of the copyrighted work, the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole, and the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

A commission you get at a convention or trade show fits all these requirements (and most that people sell elsewhere). Those people on e-bay were doing something wrong and were shut down because of it.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 1:52 pm

Marvel Masterpieces III was the newest set put out by Upper Deck. The set of Masterpieces cards you are thinking of were by the Hildebrandt's but the set in question is the correct collection as mentioned in the article.

Disney buys Marvel Marvel_Artist_Proof___Rogue_by_raccoon_eyes
Back to top Go down
Chris McNasty
New Guy
New Guy
Chris McNasty

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 1:57 pm

Hmm, I should have looked a little harder then.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 11:14 pm

yea you should have! But either way she sucks and shouldnt be stealing other peoples hard work. damn whores.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyMon Sep 07, 2009 1:02 am

She does suck! Fuck Disney if they try to target artist alley with their legal army. They've made day care center cover up a mural they had commissioned because it had Disney characters and they didn't get Disney's permission!
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:04 am

yea but did you see those? it was a pretty shitty job i dont blame disney for that one.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 12:05 am

and so you know i mean the day care center
Back to top Go down
Chris McNasty
New Guy
New Guy
Chris McNasty

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel EmptyTue Sep 08, 2009 3:11 pm

I want to see ant man battle it out with chip and dale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Disney buys Marvel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Disney buys Marvel   Disney buys Marvel Empty

Back to top Go down

Disney buys Marvel
Page 1 of 1