NerdGasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for the fans by the fans. Where we give you everything you need to.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do Marvel rise their prices?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

Do Marvel rise their prices? Empty
PostSubject: Do Marvel rise their prices?   Do Marvel rise their prices? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 8:24 pm

How come Dark Avengers was $4 an issue? Did I miss something?
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Do Marvel rise their prices?   Do Marvel rise their prices? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:17 pm

Marvel originally said their their big sellers would be $4.00....New Avengers, Hulk, and Thor. They were raising the prices of the big sellers to keep the low selling titles at 2.99. In the meantime, they also raised the price of The Max Punisher book when Ennis left. Another thing all new titles that are going to be big sellers...IE Dark Avengers and Wolverine: Weapon X are $4.00. All mini series are $4.00 and in July Uncanny X-Men and Captain America (rumor only) are going to be $4.00.

So again it was stated these titles were raised to save the lower selling titles but those titles are still losing readers to make up for the price difference on the other books
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Do Marvel rise their prices?   Do Marvel rise their prices? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 10:18 pm

Alright the first double post at NerdGasm!!!!
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Do Marvel rise their prices?   Do Marvel rise their prices? EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 11:03 pm

naw i did one earlier today dude.

and you got to be fucking me! that is so gay 4 bux for those shit rags.
Back to top Go down
dicklord
New Guy
New Guy
dicklord

PostSubject: Re: Do Marvel rise their prices?   Do Marvel rise their prices? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:02 am

$4.00!!??? (dicklord goes to bed and dreams about 12 cents)ZzZzZzZz
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

PostSubject: Re: Do Marvel rise their prices?   Do Marvel rise their prices? EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:19 am

Just reinforces my self-imposed rule of only reading trades. It's a shame because I used to love me weekly comic book shop trip. I just can't afford it anymore. They're pricing themselves right out of business. In fairness I'm not sure it can be helped though. I'm sure the cost of everything these days is so out of line that they feel forced to make this move.

I wonder, however, what the actual cost to produce are and if they would actually INCREASE their revenue by actually LOWERING their price.

Here is an article in which the president of Valve discusses the results of his company breaking the price mold in his industry.
Back to top Go down
dicklord
New Guy
New Guy
dicklord

PostSubject: Re: Do Marvel rise their prices?   Do Marvel rise their prices? EmptyMon May 04, 2009 3:41 pm

Goldbricker wrote:
Just reinforces my self-imposed rule of only reading trades. It's a shame because I used to love me weekly comic book shop trip. I just can't afford it anymore. They're pricing themselves right out of business. In fairness I'm not sure it can be helped though. I'm sure the cost of everything these days is so out of line that they feel forced to make this move.

I wonder, however, what the actual cost to produce are and if they would actually INCREASE their revenue by actually LOWERING their price.

Here is an article in which the president of Valve discusses the results of his company breaking the price mold in his industry.

GB, youve made a lot of great points here! I totally agree with you. I cant afford it either so trades have become my thing. Remember when Marvel Legends had to cancel the wave of henchmen figures because the cost of plastic got too high? I still want my AIM agent! But anyway, No I dont think that it has to do with the cost of living going up so much, most magazines are able to keep their prices steady.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do Marvel rise their prices?   Do Marvel rise their prices? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do Marvel rise their prices?
Page 1 of 1