NerdGasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for the fans by the fans. Where we give you everything you need to.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wizard World Philadelphia 2009

Go down 
+10
The Peyton
South Jersey Jake
rainbowbrite
dicklord
Rath99
spideybono
StupidFaceMan
mchampion
Goldbricker
Intelligent Moron
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next
AuthorMessage
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 6:26 pm

The Spat controversy continues... here is what he sent me.

Quote :
You do understand that a Private Message is just that. Private. That was info meant for you, not for you to post publicly.

I was trying to help you and everyone else on the Message Boards out, and have been following up on almost every idea that's been posted as far as guests and panel ideas go. I actually pitched 2 big Punisher panels for Philly, specifically because I see you're one of the more vocal members on the boards.

And instead of being considerate to someone trying to help you out, you post my message as if what I sent you was a bad thing, or was done in a condescending way?

You wonder why the Wizard staff doesn't post here, or listen to your ideas? Now you know the reason.

I don't have to be on the boards. I don't have to reply to PMs. But I do because I know the fans are the whole reason for conventions. If no one showed up to a convention, there would be no convention. So I tried to reach out and connect with you guys, and this is the thanks I get?

I love working here. This is my absolute dream job. I LIVE for conventions. Even before taking this job I attended 7-10 conventions a year. I was at 3 cons in February alone. I'm new here, and have very little time until Philly to do what I can for it, with very few resources since I'm coming into it after most of the show was already placed. I am busting my ass to make Philly into an amazing show. I'm here in the office 10-12 hours a day putting this together. I was hoping to do that with the help of the fans and the WUMBers, but I guess I now know that no matter what I try and do, some people will always try to spin it to make me into the bad guy.

Have your fun. Make me into the enemy. I don't care anymore. I'll put on a great show in spite of you.

-Spat
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 7:25 pm

wow i think you hurt him. poor form sir poor form.

i will go on the record in saying tho i don't blame the new guy i realize you work with shit this close to con but don't go blaming the last guy. the last guy seemed to be trying to help friends out yes. You will also notice we shit on his idea so much that a couple of us are no longer allowed to post. even tho he was helping friends he didn't have much to work with. most of the big names are going to be at heroes con so he was fucked from the start. he worked with what he had. as for liking him more well your the new guy and nobody ever likes the new guy till he does something to make us. think about.......you know at any job nobody likes the new guy nobody knows till he shows them a reason to. so show us a reason and stupid being a bitchy little girl you whiny fuck. also yea IM a pm is a pm i can see why he is a being a bitch. still a bitch tho sorry bro I'm just a mean prick. no go shine on you crazy diamond and make the fan love you.

Last edited by StupidFaceMan on Fri May 01, 2009 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : because I can.)
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 7:49 pm

Another message from on wonderful, Spat. I can give two shits about this guy now. I know a pm is a pm but when you message me back for doing what others have asked me to do... fuck you!

Quote :
My reply wasn't meant to be rude. I was basically telling you that if you want me to invite guests, let ME invite the guests. Too many cooks makes everyone look bad to the guests. There needs to be one voice, one invitation, and one negotiation. Once we start passing people off to other people, we all lose credibility.

And I've been here a week and a half. How much did you really expect me to be able to do in that time? I've performed miracles with the guest list, just by calling in favors and reminding people about what blackmail photos I have of them.

As for posting my PM, you broke the trust. Now I know that I have to be a lot more careful about letting you guys know what's going on over here. No more announcements on the board before I post it on the site.

And I could care less about the job. I lived quite well for the past 10 years as a freelancer. An office job is not something I'm used to. But I'm here to put on a show. If I only get to put on one show for Wizard World, I will make sure it's the best f---ing Wizard World ever. And that from then on, everyone will attend other shows and reminisce about how awesome Spat's Wizard World was.

Count on that.

I've served time in a Turkish Prison, been banned for life from the Sheraton Hotel chain, and bent every rule I've ever seen. People pay me to throw outrageous parties for them, and I plan to have some insane ones in Philly.

By June 21st, you're going to owe me a lot of drinks. Jack and Diet. And keep them lined up.

The gloves are off.

Game on.

-Spat

Is this guy serious... I think he is trying to start a my dick is bigger contest.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 8:06 pm

wow i think he is on meth.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 9:26 pm

Wow..I think you just motivated Spat
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 1:46 am

Quote :

I've served time in a Turkish Prison

I think that pretty much guarantees that the guy has had some man on man ass sex.

As far as all this shit goes he's a new guy coming into a shit situation and he's making enemies of people that could be allies. Way to go douche. No wonder you're banned from the Sheraton. Or maybe that had to do with more ass sex. Who knows?
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 8:54 am

i'm scared to see what kind of parites he has thrown.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:50 am

At his parties Clay Aiken is the guest of honor and the play the Villiage People music
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 1:21 pm

Wow, what a freaking baby Spat is. IM, you were doing him a favor reaching out and helping him. To be quite honest he has not done shit for us. He says all the guests were booked from other workers, so who did he get?

He blames the guests on the other people but yet says this is gonna be the best Wizard World ever...huh? He is kinda acknowledging that the guests are lame so how is he gonna make the show the best ever with those resources? He cites no money so how is he gonna bring people in?

I bet the Punisher panel won't happen now and he will blame you IM but the truth is, it probably was never going to happen

He was a douchebag talking to you like that. What a fucking baby he is!!!!!
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 1:24 pm

Another thing, no more announcements on the board before the page...oh no!!!! Big fucking deal, we learn that the brought Ray Park. Also the whole crew at Zenscope. Fuck Marvel and DC!!! We got Zenscope. You can't talk about women in a certain way on their message boards but you can have women walk around like slutty Fairy Tale characters at their cons! I guess they don't care about what the kids see just read

Wizard sucks
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 1:56 pm

do you need a hug?
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 2:19 pm

No, it is just that whole thing with Spat pissed me off. He is acting like a fucking baby. There was no reason for him to talk to IM like that. He just knows that show is gonna fail and he cannot accept it and he is looking to blame others....Digsy, Adam, or IM whoever

It's fucking pathetic.

Off the topic....IM I need your cell phone number. Can you pm it to me please?
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 4:05 pm

hey buddy stay on the topic or i will be forced to yell at you.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 4:31 pm

So word has spread and even one of the artists today at FCBD said 'Oh, that is you guys!' when I mentioned something about the Funeral for Wizard World Philly. We began discussing how they also believed it will be the last year just because it doesn't seem Wizard is into it and they also believe Philly doesn't have enough to sustain a big con. I think he is wrong in that aspect, if I had the capital and could do it. I sure as hell would. And I will go on hand right now.... if we could ever justify having a NerdGasm Con I will try my hardest to make it in Philly.

That is where the majority of us met and that is the way it should be. I know the majority of us will continue on our get togethers in Baltimore but Philly seems to be dead. They even told me artist they know don't stay in the city anymore, they commute back home to NY or NJ everyday. Thats sad.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:49 pm

This will be my first WWP. I hope its not the last but it really doesn't look good. It will also be my first time in Philly and I'm looking forward to seeing the city, eating a cheesesteak, and pissing on a drunk Phillies/Eagels fan.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 8:08 pm

the man has dreams and they can never take that from you sir.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 10:45 pm

I would like to see another WWP but without a total over haul I will not be back.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySat May 02, 2009 11:11 pm

they will have to wow the fuck out of me to get me back.
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:00 pm

Rath99 wrote:
This will be my first WWP. I hope its not the last but it really doesn't look good. It will also be my first time in Philly and I'm looking forward to seeing the city, eating a cheesesteak, and pissing on a drunk Phillies/Eagels fan.

Just wait until you get a Pat's Cheesesteak, it is amazing
Back to top Go down
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:16 pm

spideybono wrote:

Just wait until you get a Pat's Cheesesteak, it is amazing

Geno's is better.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:29 pm

they both suck local pizza shops got bomb ones.
Back to top Go down
South Jersey Jake
New Guy
New Guy
South Jersey Jake

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:37 pm

Best cheese steak in Phila., PA is Jim's on South Street. Trust me on this one...
Back to top Go down
http://www.JakeFarbman.com
Goldbricker
Goldbricker

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptySun May 03, 2009 11:15 pm

South Jersey Jake wrote:
Best cheese steak in Phila., PA is Jim's on South Street. Trust me on this one...

Jim's is too dry IMO.
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:09 pm

So the Big Apple Con got Jim Lee and Joe Quesada as Guests of Honors. I am not even going to comment about that
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:20 pm

i will.
What the fuck is goin on I hope that man chokes he is a piece of shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wizard World Philadelphia 2009   Wizard World Philadelphia 2009 - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Wizard World Philadelphia 2009
Page 3 of 24Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next