NerdGasm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for the fans by the fans. Where we give you everything you need to.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements

Go down 
+4
South Jersey Jake
Rath99
StupidFaceMan
Intelligent Moron
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements Empty
PostSubject: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 3:29 pm

Okay, so since this thread won't be combined with any others. I will state right now in the first post what we have going so far.

1. Stickers have been made and I should be receiving them shortly. If you haven't seen the video of me making the stickers. I have linked it below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07Kv3rUWwSU

2. South Jersey Jake is supposed to have connections for getting shirts made. I have sent him an invite to come over here but haven't seen him pop up yet. Once he does we will hear more about them I am sure.
3. Armbands are all cut up and ready to be handed out. I may need to buy some more fabric just in case.
4. SFM has got what he needs to make the Tombstone and is going to start work on it later this week.

We will be wearing armbands all weekend long and handing out the stickers as well as business cards for the NerdGasm site. On Sunday, if you didn't get a shirt from South Jersey Jake, please wear something BLACK. Then after the con on Sunday we will commence with the funeral of Wizard World Philly.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 6:14 pm

me and my buddies are goin to wear our suits that we were to other funerals and i think my friend mo is going to be wearing a black dress. also we will have black sunglasses on.

on another note i think we should do it earlier in the day. mainly because me and my buddies have a 6 hour drive home so we tend to leave before the end of the day. most of the time around 2 or 3.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 8:35 pm

So when do you think we should do it?
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 12:59 am

I'm with SFM on doing it early. Sunday is getaway day for most people. I'm not sure yet but I don't think I'll be staying the entire day.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:01 am

i say we do it on the opening of the con so everyone in line can be part of it.

maybe we can make some fake candles and hand them out also.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:04 am

I up to doing it whenever you guys want.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:25 am

i vote for when everyone is waiting in line.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:19 pm

Okay well the fellow from comicbookresources.com who emailed post our little exchange. Here is the link.

A few people from the site have comment. Pretty much all negative. One saying get a life... personally I think I have a decent one but ok. Also Fred Pierce the former President of Wizard has posted a link to my youtube video on his Twitter page... Hmmm. Fred Pierce Twitter
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:32 pm

More publicity all though it is bad and talking about me telling my mom to clean out my old room cause I am moving back in.... and that I am a stereotype comic book fan overweight, unshowered, and badly dressed.

some guy's blog

As far as the Stereotype check on the overweight thing. But I shower regular and dress the way a father of three would dress I believe. Sure I wear comic book related shirts to the cons.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptySat May 02, 2009 5:33 pm

StupidFaceMan wrote:
i vote for when everyone is waiting in line.

On Sunday?

So we are now being claimed to be Protesting Wizard World Philly. A bunch of bloggers are spreading it through their blogs but saying that we are protesting the Con itself. Don't people know how to read anymore?

one blog

yet another

another site
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptySat May 02, 2009 6:42 pm

I'm sure most people won't take the time to read or find out what the funeral is about but it might spark some interest and attention..maybe from someone at Wizard!
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptySat May 02, 2009 8:28 pm

press is press so atleast we know some people will be looking for us. also in the great words of Brody "what a guy can't start shit just cause he reads comics?"
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptySat May 02, 2009 8:31 pm

StupidFaceMan wrote:
press is press so atleast we know some people will be looking for us. also in the great words of Brody "what a guy can't start shit just cause he reads comics?"

That should be the tag line for the message board!
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptySat May 02, 2009 8:42 pm

I always thought that but didnt want to steal from kevin smith. mainly cause i dont want to listen to people about it.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptySat May 02, 2009 8:51 pm

That's true. Why give them a reason. It's not like they don't have enough as it is.
Back to top Go down
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptySat May 02, 2009 8:52 pm

yea I would hate me to if I sucked as bad as they did.
Back to top Go down
South Jersey Jake
New Guy
New Guy
South Jersey Jake

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptySun May 03, 2009 8:59 pm

Hey Everybody. Sorry it took me so long to get over to the new location. I just ordered my tickets for WWP, and I'm still in for the Funeral.

I need a recount and size check on T-Shirts... I know Punisher needs an XXL... Just post on this thread what size. I'm reaching out to my wife's best friend this week to get the skinny on the t-shirts. The plan is to wear them on Sunday, the final day of WWP ever! I'm also going to talk to one of my friends who is a vendor there, to see if he has any interest in promoting the funeral.

Just to recap, the shirts will read:

R.I.P. WWP
2002-2009
"Where Brotherly Love
Got the Shove!"

Thanks!

South Jersey Jake
Back to top Go down
http://www.JakeFarbman.com
StupidFaceMan
Admin
Admin
StupidFaceMan

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptySun May 03, 2009 9:28 pm

i need a xxl for me and i will have a group of 4 others with me 2 xxl 1 xl or l and a girl m most likely let me know.
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptySun May 03, 2009 10:11 pm

There's my buddy... how does it go SJJ?

Yup still a XXL for me... Which Vendor do you know that is setting up? Any word on how Wizard is treating them?
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptySun May 03, 2009 10:26 pm

Like it was said eariler, IM you are bringing alot of attention to this con, which is awesome. Is it possible that you might be able to save it? Let's hope.

Thanks for all that you are doing
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptySun May 03, 2009 11:45 pm

I hope we can save Wizard World but I don't see that happening. I will NEVER attend a Big Apple Con but I believe from Wizard that will be all the is left for us after this year.

I really feel for the guys who drive from far away to come to this con because I once drove from Winchester, VA to Towson, MD for the first Baltimore Comic Con, my first con ever, it was a great time but frustrating. Waking up in the wee hours, on the road a long time, getting there, hanging out for a bit, then hitting the road again, only to get back it the late hours of the night.

If we can save it then it would be great as long as they learn their lesson and stop treating people (their customers) like shit.
Back to top Go down
Rath99
One of the regulars
One of the regulars
Rath99

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptyMon May 04, 2009 12:31 am

This might be wishfull thinking on my part but if the Wizard guys see how upset people are over the con, and with the company in general, maybe it will force them to take notice.
Back to top Go down
dicklord
New Guy
New Guy
dicklord

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptyMon May 04, 2009 3:44 pm

I could use a medium
Back to top Go down
spideybono
spideybono

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptyTue May 05, 2009 4:52 pm

The fact that other people are taking about it on other sites and blogs, has to brought the situation to the people at Wizard is funny. I think that is part of the reason they are not letting us not anything more over at the Wizard site. There has been no additions nor any comments from Spat on the messageboard. I think he is being an ass and purposely ignoring us now
Back to top Go down
Intelligent Moron
Admin
Admin
Intelligent Moron

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements EmptyTue May 05, 2009 5:15 pm

I could tell he was going to be an ass from here on out, when he replied to me with those messages. I hope he tries to find me at the con or something... because if he tries to start shit with me on the con floor, I will act all calm. Wait for him to try and throw me out for no reason at all... Then we will be talking to Philly's Best and Shamus will be owing me a lot of something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements   WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements Empty

Back to top Go down

WWPhilly Funeral Arrangements
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next